Friday, April 20, 2012

So Saucy!!!!

I have a confession..... I'm kinda bored of meat.  Meat in the morning, meat in the day time, and meat in the evening.  Meat, Meat MEAT!!
Well, this is a 'for life' change for me, so I HAD to figure this out.

A friend of mine sent me a blog site recently. (Thanks, Shar!) It was like a Paleo lottery for me. 
* the site is  http://paleoonmain.blogspot.com/
The answer to my boredom was actually very simple

****Throw some sauce on that meat!!!!****

here are a couple that I cannot live without!

Mexi-Spiced Salad Dressing1/2 Mashed Avocado
1/4 C Avocado Mayonnaise
1/2 Tbsp Chili Powder
1/2 Tbsp Cumin
1 tsp Dried Cilantro Leaves
1 Tbsp Lemon Juice
the book "Everyday Paleo" has a good section on sauces as well.
My new fave is

Chimichurri Sauce
½ red onion
4 garlic cloves
1 ½ cups chopped cilantro
1 cup chopped parsley
juice from 1 lime
¾ cup olive oil
1 tsp sea salt
black pepper to taste
Place all ingredients in a food processor and process on low until the mixture is almost smooth but still a bit chunky. Serve on everything!!

And lastly....
I am always in the mood to whip up some guacamole and eat it with anything and everything....it just takes so darn long for those avocados to ripen!!!


So my rut is fixed and I am happily chowing down on meat again!

No comments:

Post a Comment