Tuesday, March 20, 2012

Detox, Diet and Day 2

Robb Wolf, the author of 'Paleo Solution,' told me this would happen.  He outlined the why's and how's but I kinda skimmed over that part.... until today.  Holy Moley, Shish kambow!  I have a detox HEADACHE!  I am smiling right now. (Through the pain)  It is working!!  It is working! My body is responding to Paleo.  If I was keeping score, it would be 1 point Paleo- 0 points Crohn's.  (Insert a little end zone boogie here)

What do you eat, you may be thinking.  Well, remember my hot Paleo friend?  She sent me this http://cavemanstrong.com/food/meal-plans/  It is two weeks of easy Paleo meals.  Meat, eggs, veggies, some fruit, nuts and good fats.  My love of avocados if finally allowed!! :)  There are also a TON of Paleo bloggers that post recipes, as well.  I am sticking to the very basics now, I know I will explore and experiment a little later.  I just don't want to get distracted by huge, long lists of ingredients.

Day 2-  P had a spring party in kindergarten today.  Several weeks ago I committed to making no bake cookies for the party.  I, selfishly, chose these particular cookies because I LOVE them.  I was anticipating eating the leftovers.  Well, my big plan worked...very few kiddos ate the dog poo looking cookies (I am an evil genius!)  But wait,  jokes on me!  I can't and won't eat a single one.  Maybe I will use them to sweeten up a neighbor or two?!?!

** On a side note, the outpouring of love and support I have received since sharing this blog has made me feel like a million bucks.  I am beyond blessed with such wonderful people in my life.  Thank you so much for your kind words and prayers!

No comments:

Post a Comment