Friday, June 15, 2012

Keep it up!

So I haven't blogged in awhile....sorry! 
I am feeling pretty good.  I was on a double dose of steroids for a week and felt like a CRAZY woman!  I am glad that is over with!  I am now on a low dose and everything is much as it was before.  I'll go off the steroids the first week of July....I admit, I am nervous.
I have hit 20lbs GONE!!!!!
Between Paleo and Cossfit, that fat didn't stand a chance :)
I Crossfit 3 times a week and am noticing all these muscles showing up, some I didn't even know where there before.
All in all, the set back was discouraging, but it made me come to the realization this is a life long illness.  Remission may not be what I thought it was..for me, anyways.  So I need to get to a place where I feel good and am on the least amount of drugs to keep me feeling good.
We are off to Idaho for a couple of weeks and when I return and go off the 'roids I'll let you all know how it goes :)

3 comments:

  1. Hi. Was trying to find somewhere in your blogs about this diet called "Paleo". Can you direct me to a link or a webpage?? Glad to hear of your improving health!! Hope springs eternal!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi! There are several avenues for learning about Paleo, so I'll give you a quick overview. If you prefer to read about it, check out the books "The Paleo Solution", "Wheat Belly", and "Everyday Paleo". There is a lot of science behind Paleo and these are the best at explaining it and introducing the diet to you.
      For websites, my go to ones are www.cavemanstrong.com (great recipes as well as a two week diet that I started with) www.robbwolf.com (he is the author and "king" of Paleo, of "the Paleo Solution"- this website is PACKED with info) Here is a GREAT article that I LOVE! http://www.fitbomb.com/p/why-i-eat-paleo.html
      Hope this helps get you started and feel free to ask any questions you may have :)!

      Delete